Writing Soundtrack Playlist

Here are the songs I listen to while I write Left Unsaid & a line or two from the song that stands out.


"Read All About It (Pt. III)" by Emeli Sandé
"You've got the words to change a nation, but you're biting your tongue.
You've spent a life time stuck in silence afraid you'll say something wrong."


"I wanna scream 'til the words dry out."


"When it Was Over" by Sara Groves
"what on earth made you stay here when you finally figured out what I was all about?"


"Epiphany" by Staind
"Your words to me just a whisper"

"Your words just disappear"

"'Cause my words get in my way"

"Forget all the things I should have said"


"Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol
"would you lie with me & just forget the world?"


"What If This Is All The Love You Ever Get?" by Snow Patrol
"What if it hurts like hell
Then it'll hurt like hell"


"I'd say the words that were so hard to say: don't go"


"You Could Be Happy" by Snow Patrol
"And all the things that I wished I had not said"


"Just Say Yes" by Snow Patrol
"I can feel your heart beat through my shirt"

"I won't be ok and I won't pretend I am"


"Run" by Snow Patrol
"Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear"



"Don't Give In" by Snow Patrol
"Learn not to let it fall around our ears
Don't fall in love with the, with the way things were"



"Fair" by Remy Zero
"and all my words were bound to fail"

"So what if you catch me,
Where would we land?"


"Save Me" by Remy Zero
"I feel the words unspoken inside"


"Glitter in the Air" by Pink
"the breath before the kiss"


"What Hurts the Most" by Rascal Flatts
"I would trade, give away all the words that I saved in my heard that I left unspoken"


"How to Save a Life" by the Fray
"between the lines of fear and blame"


"Silence" by Jars of Clay
"scatter pieces of all I've been"


"Ever the Same" by Rob Thomas
"just let me hold you while you're falling apart"


"Awakening" by Sara Groves
"speak to my pain and confusion"


"Two is Better than One" by Boys Like Girls
"I remember every look upon your face"


"Good Enough" by Sarah McLachlan
"I never would have opened up, but you seemed so real to me"


"Much Afraid" by Jars of Clay
"so scared to fall I might not get up again"


"Need You Now" by Lady A
"and I wonder if I ever cross your mind"


"You and Me" by Lifehouse
"All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words"



"From Where You Are" by Lifehouse
"I miss all the little things
I never thought that they'd mean everything to me"



"Simon" by Lifehouse
"traded your worth for these scars"


"Everything" by Lifehouse
"how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?"

"Find me here and speak to me"


"Take Me Away" by Lifehouse
"You see past all the lies"

"I've got nothing left to say"


"Hanging by a Moment" by Lifehouse
"I'm standing here until you make me move"


"Chocolate" by Snow Patrol
"but in truth I'm lost for words"


"Made Of Something Different Now" by Snow Patrol
"I can take anything except the truth
Please lie to me one last time
And tell me we'll get through all of this"



"In Your Hands" by Bebo Norman
"my heart and my hopes, they're in your hands"


"Jealous Kind" by Jars of Clay
"I'd rather feel the pain all too familiar than to be broken by a lover I don't understand"


"Valentine" by Jim Brickman and Martina McBride
"If there were no words
No way to speak
I would still hear you"



"Say" by John Mayer
"Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end
It's better to say too much
Then never say what you need to say again
Say what you need to say"



"Say Something" by A Great Big World
"Say something, I'm giving up on you"


"Breathe Again" by Sara Bareilles
"Car is parked, bags are packed, but what kind of heart doesn't look back
At the comfortable glow from the porch, the one I will still call yours?
All those words came undone and now I'm not the only one"


"And my secrets become your truth"


"Between the Lines" by Sara Bareilles
"So I've learned to listen through silence"

"Leave unsaid, unspoken
Eyes wide shut, unopened
"

"Oh, If only I had been listening"

"I tell myself all the words he surely meant to say
I'll talk until the conversation doesn't stay on"



"Clocks" by Coldplay
"Come out of things unsaid"


"Wanted you More" by Lady A
"All the words unspoken, promises broken
I cried for so long
Wasted too much time, should've seen the signs
Now I know just what went wrong"


“But in the end, it seemed there was no room for me
Still I tried, to change your mind”



"Looks like Love" by NeedToBreathe
"It's time to say those words that I have left unsaid."


"Slow" by Audrey Assad
"Because you took me at my word."


"The Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel
"People talking without speaking."
"But my words like silent raindrops fell."


"Welcome Home" by Joy Williams
"We sing even when there are no words"


"What a Good Woman Does" by Joy Williams
"I haven't lost my voice without you near me"


"Till Forever" by Joy Williams
"Let me lay here beside you
We can stay here and not say a word"



"The One That Got Away" by The Civil Wars
"I miss the way you wanted me
When I was staying just out of your reach"



"Word of God Speak" by MercyMe
"I'm finding myself at a loss for words"
"And the funny thing is it's okay"


"If Tomorrow Never Comes" by Garth Brooks
"'Cause I've lost loved ones in my life who never knew how much I loved them Now I live with the regret that my true feelings for them never were revealed So I made a promise to myself to say each day how much she means to me And avoid that circumstance where there's no second chance to tell her how I feel"


"Make This Go On Forever" by Snow Patrol
"The final word in the final seconds you ever learned to me was love"
"You say it is much more than just my last mistake"
"My words just break and melt"


"Can Anybody Hear Me" by Meredith Andrews
"Can anybody hear me?
The silence is deafening
Why do You feel so far away?"



"Cut" by Plumb
"And these scars wouldn't be so hidden
If you would just look me in the eye"



"Lost Without You" by Freya Ridings
"You said, "I wanna see the world"
And I said, "Go"
"


"You Mean The World To Me" by Freya Ridings
"I said things I can't take back
And I don't know how to live with that
"


"Pieces" by Rob Thomas
"Run away, run away if you can't speak"


"Creep" by Radiohead
"I want you to notice
When I'm not around"



"To the Table" by Zach Williams
"But you keep standing at a distance"


"Love And Learn" by Steven Curtis Chapman
"Echoes of careless words and slamming doors
Are still ringing in the night"



"Give Me Your Fire, Give Me Your Rain" by The Paper Kites
"But what's it gonna take to stop the silence?"


"The Purest Place" by Watermark
"Do what it takes to keep me here."


"Hello, I'm in Delaware" by City and Colour
"How many hearts will die tonight
And when things have changed"



"Call Me When You’re Sober" by Evanescence
"You would be here with me
Don't lie to me, just get your things
I've made up your mind"

"You want me, come find me"



"Lost in Paradise" by Evanescence
"One day, we won't feel this pain anymore"


"What Makes You Sad" by Nicotine Dolls
"Every breath and step and word that's falling out of me"

"If I say too much, you'll realize you made a choice in loving me
You regret, you will run away from the falling house into another person's arms"



"Till We Both Say" by Nicotine Dolls
"I wanna hear every thought I see racing through your head
So have the sad and the scars. I'll show you mine and I promise to care after yours
We've both been broken before. Let me try to fill the cracks that litter your floor"



"If You Could Only See" by Tonic
"Sayin' you love but you don't
You give your love but you won't
You're stretching out your arms
To something that's just not there
Sayin' you love where you stand"



"What I Really Want to Say" by Steven Curtis Chapman
"I know that sometimes my words can be as hard as stone
And sometimes my words have left you feeling so alone
So please forgive me and hear these words I'm saying now
I will spend my whole life looking for a way somehow
To let you know just how precious you are to me
I'll use the best words I know but I still won't say it all
"

No comments: